Winter holidays filled with unforgettable moments at Grandhotel Starý Smokovec
Spend a comfortable winter holiday in the heart of Starý Smokovec with a unique atmosphere.
You will love the beautiful winter spirit in the High Tatras. Enjoy unforgettable moments with your loved ones at our historic Grandhotel****, which has been the icon of Starý Smokovec since 1904. Cable car tickets valid in 4 mountain resorts are included in room prices, which means you can travel to Mt Chopok, Skalnaté Pleso, Hrebienok or Mt Solisko and discover the fairytale of the snow-covered mountains.
- comfort in a room or a suite
- abundant breakfast buffet
- the hotel wellness centre with new outdoor saunas*
- Tatranská Lomnica, Štrbské Pleso, Starý Smokovec and Jasná ski passes included in the price** (number of nights = number of ski passes), they can be also used to enjoy:
- cable car trips
- relaxation in the Tatralandia or Bešeňová water park
- Wi-Fi Internet in the room
- bathrobes and slippers in the room
- dogs are welcome to stay – a welcome dog bag upon arrival.
*Our indoor pool is undergoing modernisation from 5.9.2022 to 31.3.2023 and is has to be closed temporarily. Our saunas and bar are at your disposal. Massages will be available in other rooms. Please accept our compensation in the form of 1 extra Bešeňová, Tatralandia or AquaCity Poprad water park ticket 1x per holiday (applies to reservations with arrival dates from 1.2. to 31.3.2023). Thank you for your understanding and see you soon again.
** The offer cannot be used on the arrival (check-in) day and is valid for holidays between 1.12.2022 and 23.4.2023 (the last check-out day). Every ski pass is non-transferable and valid in the resorts: Tatranská Lomnica, Starý Smokovec, Štrbské Pleso and Jasná, and can be used also as a tourist return cable car ticket. On one and the same day, every ski pass is valid only in one resort that the holder chooses during the cable car opening times: in Jasná or in Vysoké Tatry.
To use the ski passes, all reservation members (guests) must be registered for Gopass before checking in. If you are not a Gopass member yet, register on gopass.travel and Gopass cards for all persons will be issued at the hotel reception when checking in. Every Gopass card costs 2€ on site. If you already have a Gopass card, don’t forget to take it with you on your holiday because it unlocks all discounts and benefits while staying.
Suggested activities while staying with us:
- Tatra Temple of Ice – use your cable car tickets and take a comfortable funicular to Hrebienok, where the unique Tatra Temple of Ice is built for the 10th time. This year, it is inspired by the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem. Read more >>.
- Sledging in Hrebienok – try popular sledging on the way down from Hrebienok. Read more >>.
- Experiential snow grooming – enjoy an adrenalin adventure in a snow groomer and watch how ski pistes are groomed for half an hour in the evening – on the piste between Tatranská Lomnica and Čučoriedky or in Štrbské Pleso. Read more >>.
- Tatry Ice Master – international ice sculpting championships in Hrebienok on 21.1. and 22.1.2023. Sculptors from 10 countries of the world will breathe life into 50 tonnes of ice and change them into 35 unique sculptures. Read more >>.
- Dinner under the Stars – an original dinner served under the stars of the Tatras in the Panorama restaurant in Skalnaté Pleso at the altitude of 1,751 metres, combined with watching the stars and the night sky and a professional commentary of scientists from the Astronomical Institute. Read more >>.
- Evening discos in Humno – have fun with great dance rhythms in the Humno pub in Tatranská Lomnica every Friday. Read more >>.
Book your holiday:
- by phone: +421 44 290 13 39
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or online to get the best rates: